Sunday, April 7, 2024

Wine Tasting Due 4/7

 

NAME: No Es Pituko Orange

VARIETY: Sauvignon Blanc 

REGION: Curico Valley

COUNTRY: Chile

YEAR: 2023

PRICE: $16.99

WINERY REVIEW: According to Vivino, this wine is dry, acidic, and has a medium body. With the main flavors being citrus, lemon, apple, and tropical. According to this website, this wine would pair well with shellfish and goat's milk cheese.

WINE FOLLY: According to Wine Folly the primary flavors of this natural orange wine are bruised apple, jackfruit, linseed oil, juniper, and honey. With a taste profile of bone-dry, medium-full body, medium tannins, medium-high acidity, and 11.5-13.5% ABV. In terms of food pairing this wine would go well with roasted meats and resinous herbs such as sage and rosemary. 

MY REVIEW: This was my first time trying a natural wine and I thought it was amazing. I highly recommend it, it was both smooth and had a light taste of pineapple. With notes of apples and tropical fruits. In my opinion a perfect combination. Although I didn't try it with food, I imagine it would pair nicely with a Chilean empanada. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing Due 4/14

 To start off this blog I can't say I'm the biggest fan of cheese, but from what I've learned so far in this class is that wine ...