Sunday, April 7, 2024

Wine Tasting Due 4/7 (second)

 

NAME: Lambrusco Scuro

VARIETY: Not provided

REGION: Scandiano

COUNTRY: Italy

YEAR: Not Provided

PRICE: $16.99

WINERY REVIEW: According to Alfredo Bertolani's website, this dark Lambrusco sparkling red wine has an "old" taste due to the refermentation within the bottle to create the sparkling wine. This wine has vegetal hints, wild fruit, and light leather, on the palate it is completely dry and tannic. Supposedly by slightly shaking the corked wine, it will enhance the "old-fashioned" tasting experience. 

WINE FOLLY: According to the Wine Folly, Lambrusco wines have primary flavors of strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb, hibiscus, and potting soil. With a taste profile of dry, medium-light body, medium tannins, medium-high acidity, and 10-11.5% ABV. Should be served around 45-55 degrees Fahrenheit. And a great food pairing would be a local match of Prosciutto di Parma and Parmigiano-Reggiano. 

MY REVIEW: This was my first experience trying red sparkling wine and I can't say it was my favorite. Not sure what I was expecting, but I thought it was too dry and I probably should have shaken it or tried it with food to enhance the fruit flavors. Overall the wine was average and had notes of slight leather and earthy tones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing Due 4/14

 To start off this blog I can't say I'm the biggest fan of cheese, but from what I've learned so far in this class is that wine ...