Sunday, April 14, 2024

Wine Tasting due 4/14

 NAME: Salto

VARIETY: Sangiovese 

REGION: Terre Di Chieti IGP

COUNTRY: Italy

YEAR: 2022

PRICE: $15.99

WINERY REVIEW: According to Vivino, this wine is medium-full body, medium-high tannins, dry,  and medium-high acidity. With notes of red fruits such as cherry, raspberry, and strawberry. As well as oaky and plum notes. 

WINE FOLLY: According to Wine Folly the primary flavors of cherry, roasted tomato, sweet balsamic, oregano, and espresso. With a taste profile of being bone-dry, medium-full body, medium-high tannins, medium-high acidity, and 13.5-15% ABV. 

MY REVIEW: I could take the cherry and slight notes of coffee. Overall, a well-rounded wine it was smooth and had a full body. Unfortunately, I couldn't taste the tomato or oregano, but my friend said she could smell a hint of each. Did not try the wine with food, but I imagine it would pair well with some grilled vegetables. 


                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing Due 4/14

 To start off this blog I can't say I'm the biggest fan of cheese, but from what I've learned so far in this class is that wine ...