Sunday, April 14, 2024

Wine Tasting due 4/14 (second)

 NAME: Dark Horse 

VARIETY: Chardonnay 

REGION: California

COUNTRY: United States

YEAR: 2022

PRICE: $7.99

WINERY REVIEW: According to Winepros, this wine is medium-full body,  semi-dry, and medium-high acidity. With notes of honeysuckle, apples, pears, grapefruit, and lemon. Tastes like peach apricot, banana, and honey. And would also pair well with salmon. 

WINE FOLLY: According to Wine Folly the primary flavors are lemon, yellow apple, butter, vanilla, and pineapple. With a taste profile of being dry, medium-full body, low tannins, medium-high acidity, and 13.5 - 15% ABV. Would pair well with shellfish. 

MY REVIEW: I chilled the chardonnay for a couple hours after buying it, and it was amazing, not too sweet or dry. I could taste the notes of apple, honey, and pineapple. I didn't try the wine with food but from both reviews from wine folly and Winepros I imagine seafood would have paired nicely.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing Due 4/14

 To start off this blog I can't say I'm the biggest fan of cheese, but from what I've learned so far in this class is that wine ...